Saturday, July 17, 2010

REMISSION!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a HUGE day for us when we found out that chemo has been a success for Brad and he was officially declared to be in remission. He had his PET scans earlier this week so it has been a week full of emotion thinking through everything...over and over and over again. Brad is excited to have his chest port removed on Friday, July 23rd. I honestly think he's just looking forward to being waited on hand and foot again.

I am trying to avoid thinking about how long it will be before his relapse (we have been prepared that this will happen - just a matter of when) will occur. I have to be honest - it's tough. Really tough. It makes "remission" bitter sweet, but time to put the past 7 months behind us and put our energy back into our jobs and getting life back in order.

I am so proud of Brad - his strength, his commitment, his humor. He is honestly the man that I was meant to spend my life with and my life continues to be blessed by God. Although I have always been spiritual, in the "non-spiritual" sense of the word (you know, be a good person, be kind to others, etc...), this experience has truly been life changing for me...for us, really.

Much love and many thanks for all the support,
Sandy

2 comments:

LindaAndBob said...

Thanks Sandy for posting the fantastic news about Brad's REMISSION. We have prayed every night for that news, and Thank God it has come to be! Enjoy the time you all have together and thank God daily for everything we have learned from this stepping stone. Praise God, and we are so happy to hear the wonderful news. Linda and Bob

Brad Andreasen said...

Great News regarding remission. I am half way through chemo for colon cancer with a 50/50 chance of relapsing. Not great odds. I kep the faith evertyday, with the help of family andfriends. I have a blog as well. It has beed called insprational, humerous, and fun. Maybe somw of yoyr poeple would get something out of it. I appreciate new followes that offer new comments. From one Brad to another. Be Well!!

www.bradsbanters.blogspot.com