Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Been Fun BOB





Well this is my very first blog I have ever done so if my grammar or spelling looks to be like a 3rd grader then we will blame it on BOB. I will go into detail how BOB and I met a little later but in the meantime let me catch you up to date since Sandy's last blog.

Tuesday morning 12/22 I woke up with a very bad sore throat and I just felt a little crummy. So I started chugging orange juice and popping Tylenol so I would hopefully feel better for my surgery today but as of right now I still feel like crap. If you run into Dr. Harter today please let him know I feel like a million bucks. Anyway back to the story.

After going to work I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my employees had made a huge lunch for me to wish me good luck and to know that they were thinking of me. All week long they had been asking questions about what kind of snacks I liked and foods that I loved. They even called Sandy to let her know what they were doing and to see if she had suggestions on what I would like to have. They have no idea how appreciative I am for all that they have done. The only issue is when I get back they all will be wrote up for taking time away from work to do this. Seriously though THANK YOU to everyone who did this for me.

Tuesday afternoon Karen who is a very close friend to Sandy and I came into town from Danville to see us and to have supper with us. I was so impressed with the pizza they had made. Not so much the actual pizza but the cardboard box they had put it in. We just sat around talked and joked and we opened some very nice presents. Thank you Karen and even though you're a HOKIE you are always welcomed in our home.

So onto the night. My intentions were to stay up until midnight eating and drinking because come midnight today I can not eat, drink, or even brush my teeth until after surgery. Well I came up short on staying up to midnight by about 4 hours. So here I am early morning hours typing and having a coffee withdrawl. I swear I feel like and probably look like someone on the show, Interventions. I am just totally ready to take this one time, very close friend BOB out of my life. Speaking of that little bugger let me tell you how we met.

One beautiful spring day I was brushing my teeth and I noticed this bump later known as BOB on my neck. I didn't pay it any mind but I knew it was weird. Anyway everyday while I was looking at my charming face BOB was there with me. I just continue to do as always and just say huh and move on. Well before you know it I came attached to him or maybe he was attached to me but I took care of him. I bathed him, I trimmed his hair back, and I even rubbed him to sleep.

I remember when he was just a little thing but now he has grown so big. He was in our Easter pictures, our summer vacations, I even remember that wild night down by the fire pit when UVA won there World Series game. BOB loves some diet coke and Malibu. Man those were some good times. All of a sudden around August he became very aggressive and wanting to fight all the time and I just knew that this wasn't the BOB that I became to know. He started becoming a pain in the neck. HAHA

So I decided this past fall that I was going to talk to someone to see if maybe they wanted to take him and even my Dr. stated that there was nothing wrong with BOB. So I just figured I would suck it up and deal with his issues but he became bigger and bigger so I went back to same Dr. and again she said nothing was wrong with BOB. I said I need to find a home for BOB and asked for a second opinion. This is where I found a loving family (Dr. Harter) to take BOB and let him have a bigger place to play.

I truly believe that BOB was the reason UVA was a game or 2 short of playing in the Rose Bowl for the national title and coming up very short in beating VT this year. I will always think of you BOB and remember the times we had. You will always have a place in my heart and soul but to be honest your ASS ain't ever welcome in my home again.


R.I.P
BOB

2 comments:

Jilladair said...

Brad - Only YOU could make me laugh so hard I peed my pants (as usual) while reading your tale of BOB. I mean it... you are so dang funny! I am still laughing OUTLOUD! I have to go wake Larry up (he will love me more for that) so he can read this!

BTW, I am still laughing. Now Larry just woke up to the sound of me laughing so hard I am wheezing, sitting in the living room all alone.

Dangit Bro... now he thinks I am wackier thaan ever!

I love you and miss you!

(still giggling)
Jilli and Larry (he's awake now = )

Jen said...

Love your style of writing in the post and the sense of humor Brad. I should expect nothing less! I've been thinking of you all a LOT lately. Hope 2010 brings the Wirt family much happiness, wonderful health and plenty o' laughter :)