Saturday, January 30, 2010

BOB's M.I.A.

Well not a lot has changed since last time I wrote, which felt like it was last year but here is the latest. If you haven't read any of my older blogs you might want to check them out so you know who BOB is. As you can see, it's early in the morning and I am typing so that means two things either A: the dogs are wired and wanting to play or B: BOB has done something to keep me up. Well you guessed it, BOB has done something to worry me.

As you have read in some of my earlier blogs BOB was a good friend who was there for me in tough times, but he became very mean and tough to deal with. So we decided to send him to another family. Well in 2 months, BOB is at his 3rd home but actually he isn't. Let me explain, Thursday 1/28 I woke up to the beautiful smell of fresh brewed coffee and 2 dogs that sound as if they have built 20 legs. I get up as I do every morning and said "love you Sandy" and let the dogs out and fed them. Then after taking a shower I noticed a big rash on my head. If you haven't noticed, I have an egg shaped head better known as "egg head". Anyway, with this unique style of head, the rash is very noticeable. Sandy got worried and sent Dr. Fintel a message and after a few minutes Dr. Fintel responded and said he needed to see me ASAP. Sandy was so nervous about my rash, she and I stopped at Sam's on the way to the hospital to shop.

So after we got to the hospital and Dr. Fintel looked at it, he said there's nothing wrong with the rash part, but he did say after looking at my head it made him hungry for eggs. I didn't get what he was saying then, but now I understand. So it's now Thursday morning at 8:15 am and I have had a rash today, been shopping at Sam's, and been insulted by any one who comes in contact with my egg head. So as you read this you are probably saying "poor Brad" or man does Brad really have an egg head?

Let's get to BOB, when Sandy and I were talking to Dr. Fintel he said that Duke has kinda ticked him off. I said, I feel you brotha. I felt the same way after they beat UVA the last 2 years in football. Anyway he said that Duke can not find BOB. I said, "you broke up, what did you say"? He said yep, Duke has misplaced BOB. So this was just another great moment in the day for me and it's only 8:30. So after some discussion Dr. Fintel said he would keep us posted about the search for BOB. Sandy the sweetheart she is, tried to calm my nerves all day by being the person who was keeping in touch with latest on the search for BOB. Well the search team that I am guessing contained the local authorities, FBI, ATF, Boy Scouts and who ever else they could get came to an end about 4PM when they finally checked the FED-EX tracking number and showed who signed for BOB on the 12th of Jan.

So Thursday, in a nutshell contained me having a rash, shopping with a rash, being called egg head, people laughing at me at work, and BOB being on the run. They tell me that the best way to handle cancer is to be stress free. I really wish everyone that stressed me out on Thursday would have gotten that message also. So I hope everyone is doing good and I look forward to blogging again soon. I have added a little video of my special Thursday that Sandy and I had.

Oh yea, Thursday night UVA was leading VT by 10 points with 2 minutes left in the basketball game. UVA lost :(

Egg-citely,
Brad

No comments: