Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Latest on BOB


I am sorry that it has been a while since I last wrote but I have felt crummy and honestly I have been choked up over losing my friend BOB. Sandy does a wonderful job on this blog so I won't talk too much about what has happened since the last time I did this. I will say if I ever need to know something about myself then I just need to read Sandy's blog. Anyway lets catch you up to date.


Well as you know, BOB was removed from my home and was sent packing to Dr. Harter's home on 12/23. I called to check on my old friend to see how he was doing but Dr. Harter's wife told me that he was sent to Dr. Fintel's home. Well that worried me because I knew I had to meet this man in the upcoming days and I didn't want to face BOB again. So on 1/6 I went to Dr. Fintel's and I was very lucky to have not seen BOB. I was told he was being sent to Duke for testing/mental observations.


This was a relief but then again I was sad because BOB was such a good guy, something just wasn't right about him. Anyway as the meeting with Dr. Fintel went on I was told some news that didn't make me happy. Dr. Fintel tells me and Sandy that lil ole BOB was a "playa." That's right a pimp daddy as you might say. BOB, sometimes while hanging out with me met up with another chicky chick and decided he wanted some romance time. Well these heated moments ended up producing multiple BOB's.


It's funny I remember BOB stating that his favorite show was the one with the Duggers "18 and Counting". I never knew that I was hanging out with such a horn dog but those days are over. Well not quite over. I do have to evict all these kids and there families. Dr. Fintel told me that based on the results of BOB's mental evaluation and some of my own testing that will take place on 1/12, that I might also have to go to Duke and stay for a couple months in the future. If that is the case all the bad things I said about that University's football team, lacrosse team, and their geeky Cameron crazies it wasn't me, it was BOB.


It makes me sad knowing that BOB is somewhere on a truck riding up and down a cold dark road just going place to place but he needs help and I know Dr. Fintel and his geeky Cameron crazies will take care of him. I am not looking forward to my testing on Tuesday but I know this is the first hurdle I have to take to get all those damn kids out of my neighborhood.


I have no doubt that I will be strong through this and will come out of it stronger physically and mentally. At first I thought BOB ruined my life but after I thought about it he has only made me stronger and has brought me closer to my family and friends that truly love me. So with losing one friend BOB I have gained 100 more friends that won't hurt me or my family. So BOB you go to Duke and bounce up and down with those geeky Cameron crazies all you want. I would rather have the friends I have now than to hang out with you and all those kids.


Happy New Year,
Brad

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Brad, I know you don't know me, but I am Misty's friend, Dawn. I have been very touched by your situation and I love your son to pieces. My prayers are with you and I love the way you are adding a special humor to your story. Laughter is the best medicine!!! My friend Bernard Eden is a radiation oncologist at the Cancer Centers of America in Chicago. If you need information or have questions that you aren't getting answered please let me know. You and Sandy are in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay positive and know that hundreds and hundreds of people are praying for you and sending positive things your way!

Brad, Sandy and Avery said...

Thanks Dawn for your message - we appreciate the thoughts and prayers you're sending our way.